Gillian Anderson Personal Details
Birth Name: Gillian Leigh Anderson
Born: August 9, 1968
Religion: Not religious
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Birth Place: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Residence: London, England, UK
Nationality: American / British
Education: She attended Coleridge Primary School in North London before attending Fountain Elementary and City High-Middle School in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She also attended The Theatre School at DePaul University in Chicago.
Occupation: Actress, producer, writer, director
Net Worth: $30 million
Gillian Anderson Measurements
Height: 5’3″ (1.60 m)
Weight: 124 lbs (56 kg)
Hair Color: Dark Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Bra Size: 32C
Dress Size: 6
Shoe Size: 7.5
Distinctive features: Mole on upper lip, translucent grayish blue eyes
Best known for: Her role as Dana Scully in The X-Files and for her role as Stella Gibson on The Fall.
Gillian Anderson Family:
Father – Homer Edward Anderson III
Mother – Rosemary Alyce née Lane aka Posie
Siblings – Aaron Anderson, Zoe Anderson
Gillian Anderson Dated:
- Clyde Klotz (1994–1997) – She dated Canadian assistant art director who used to work on The X-Files with her. Only a few months after they started dating, the couple got married at a private ceremony in Hawaii. This marriage lasted less than three years unfortunately and by 1997 the couple was divorced. During their marriage, the couple had a daughter named Piper Maru.
- Adrian G. Griffiths (1996–1997) – Gillian met Adrian when he guest starred in an episode of The X-Files. Their relationship lasted briefly, with Gillian ending it after several sexual assaults Adrian committed came to light.
- Rodney Rowland (1997–1998) – For almost a year between 1997 and 1998, Gillian dated model and actor Rodney Rowland.
- Julian Ozanne (2002–2007) – Between 2002 and 2007, Gillian was in a long-term relationship with photojournalist Julian Ozanne. They were even married at some point, a marriage that didn’t last more than 16 months on account of their different career paths.
- Mark Griffiths (2006–2012) – For almost six years, she dated British businessman Mark Griffiths with whom she has two sons named Oscar Griffiths and Felix Griffiths.
Peter Morgan (2016–Present) – She is currently in a long-term relationship with British film writer and playwright Peter Morgan.
First Film: She first appeared on the big screen in 1992 when she played a minor role in ‘The Turning’.
First TV appearance: Her television debut came in 1993 with her role as Rachel in Class of 96′.
Personal trainer: Although Gillian lives quite an active lifestyle, she doesn’t seem to employ the services of a personal trainer.
Gillian Anderson Favorite Things, Facts & Hobbies:
- Her favorite films are It’s A Wonderful Life, The 400 Blows, 1900, The Deer Hunter, The Godfather, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
- As a kid, Gillian aspired to become a marine biologist before her father introduced her to acting.
- She was quite a rebel in her teens, preferring to dress out in an extreme fashion and date older men.
- While she was a student, Gillian used to work at a pub in Chicago called Goose Island Brewpub.
- In the 1996 UK version of the FHM, Gillian Anderson was ranked as the sexiest woman in the world.
- She is a big fan of art and a well-established collector.
- Gillian is a spokesperson for several charitable trusts and foundations.
- In 2016, Gillian was bestowed with the Order of the British Empire distinction for her contribution to dramatic arts.