Birth Name: Leona Louise Lewis
Nick Name: Triple L, LeLe
Born: April 3, 1985
Ethnicity: Afro-Guyanese, Welsh, Irish, and Italian
Religion: There is no documented proof of her religion on her website, although at one point she did “thank God” in her album sleeve.
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Birth Place: Borough of Islington, London, England
Residence: London Borough of Hackney
Education: Her parents enrolled her at the Sylvia Young Theatre School. From there she attended the Italia Conti Academy, the Ravenscourt Theatre School and the BRIT School, where she learned to play instruments, such as the guitar and piano, in the hope of becoming a singer-songwriter.
Net Worth: $20 million
Leona Lewis Measurements
Height: 5′ 7″ (1.70 m)
Weight: 135 lbs (61 kg)
Natural Hair Color: Dark brown
Natural Eye Color: Blue
Bra Size: 36C
Dress Size: 4
Shoe Size: 7
– Large blonde corkscrew curls
– Distinct and piercing blue eyes
– Is very happy and confident with her own skin and weight
She was named the new brand ambassador of The Body Shop with her own fragrance and make-up collection. The singer also promotes the company’s support of Cruelty Free International, banning animal testing on cosmetic products all around the globe.
Best Known for:
She was the winner of the 3rd series of The X-Factor. Her single “Bleeding Love” charted #21 at the Billboard Singles and was a popular hit in the U.S.
Leona Lewis’ Family:
Father – Aural Josiah “Joe” Lewis
Mother – Maria Lewis
Siblings – Bradley Lewis, older brotehr Kyle Lewis, younger brother
Leona Lewis Dated:
- Lou Al-Chamaa (2000-2010), ex-boyfriend – Leona split with her long-term boyfriend after dating for 10 years. They were childhood sweethearts and he was a Sony Music employee.
- Dennis Jauch (2010-2012), ex-boyfriend – Dennis was a backup dancer of Leona’s.
- Liam Payne (2012) – One Direction member Liam dated Leona just 2 weeks after a breakup with his former girlfriend. They managed to stay out of the limelight during their stay in London.
Leona Lewis’ Personal Trainer:
Lewis has been known to stand by her own skin and her decision to not lose any weight for Hollywood. There were some rumors that she hired Mariah Carey’s personal trainer after she was told to slim down, but she denied these allegations. Lewis is a vegetarian.
Favorite Things, Facts & Hobbies:
- She got the top spot for PETA’s women short list of the annual World Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities in 2008.
- She named her album “Spirit” because it was her heart and soul, and her voice within that said everything is possible.
- She was the second UK reality TV show contestant to break into American charts after Joss Stone with her hit “Bleeding Love”.
- She was the first ever winner of a major TV talent show in both US and UK to have a major global launch for her debut album.
- “Best Kept Secret”, her album before her X-Factor success, was released online in 2007 against Simon Cowell’s directions.
- She was awarded “Newcomer of the Year” in 2007 at the Cosmopolitan Ultimate Woman of the Year Awards.
- Often, she was criticized because she wasn’t too confident and lacked star quality during the X Factor competition.
- “A Moment Like This”, one of her songs, was downloaded 50,000 times in less than 30 minutes on December 17, 2006. This was a world record.
- Since age 12, she was a vegetarian – up to this day.