Birth Name: Kate Elizabeth Winslet, CBE
Nick Name: Kate, Katie, English Rose, Corset Kate
Born: 07 October 1975 at 7:15AM – BST
Ethnicity: English, Swedish
Religion: Anglican or Episcopalian
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Birth Place: Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Residence: New York and Cotswolds, London
Education: Drama, Redroofs Theater School
Occupation: Actress, Singer
Net Worth: $90 Million
Kate Winslet Measurements
Measurements: 34-26-39 (86-66-91.5 cm)
Height: 5’61/2″ (1.69 m)
Weigh: 139 lbs
Natural Hair Color: Blonde
Natural Eye Color: Blue
Bra Size: 34C
Dress Size: depends on her role
Normal – size 14 (UK)
Titanic – size 8(UK)
Pre-pregnancy – size 6 (UK) or size 2 (US)
Shoe Size: 11
Distinctive Features: Voluptuous body;
Brand Endorsements: Longines, Lancome;
Best Known for:
Kate Winslet is known for her ballsy roles in both big and small screens. She prefers out-of-the-box women’s roles that portray a desire to make trouble, Shakespearean tragedy, and titillating erotica such as the following:
- Before her “English Rose” role in Titanic, Kate Winslet was the “sensible” 16-year old daughter – Marianne Dashwood – who did things out of passion and excitement.
- Her role as the 17-year old corset-totting voluptuous fictional English socialite, Rose DeWitt Bukater, of the movie Titanic opposite Leonardo di Caprio
- April Wheeler, a bored suburban housewife with dreams of becoming a big-time actress, in Revolutionary Road (still opposite Leonardo di Caprio)
- Anna Schmitz, an (illiterate) woman who had a sexual affair with a teenager usually done after he reads to her famous literary works. (opposite David Kross(young Michael Berg)/Ralph Fiennes (Michael Berg, a lawyer) )
- Mildred Pierce (HBO Original Series), self-sacrificing single mother trying to win her narcissistic daughter’s affection during the Great Depression
Kate Winslet’s Family:
Born to a family of thespians with maternal grandparents (Linda and Oliver Bridges) running the Reading Repertory Theater, and London’s West End Theater fixture, Robert Bridges, is an uncle. Parents are also stage actors.
Father – Roger Winslet
Mother – Sally Winslet nee Bridges
Beth Winslet – an actress, professional masseuse
Anna Winslet- Harcourt – Runs a theater company with her husband Edmund Harcourt
Joss Winslet – youngest and only son of the Winslet brood
Kate Winslet Dated:
- Stephen Tredre – English actor 12 years her senior, fell in love with him on the set of Dark Seasons. He died of bone cancer in December 1997. His funeral made her miss out on Titanic’s premiere. He was closest to Stephen growing up in the film industry calling him “the most important person” in her life, next to her family.
- Rufus Sewell – English actor, dated briefly for 3 months before the Titanic became a household hit
- Louis Dowler – professional ramp and commercial model; English; briefly dated
- Jim Threapleton – Film director; met and dated on-off in 1997 and finally married in 1998; they had a daughter in 2000, Mia Honey Threapleton. Divorced on December 2001
- Sam Mendes – English stage and film director; began dating after her divorce and married off the island of Anguilla in May 2003. Union produced a son – Joe Alfie Winslet Mendes (born: December 22, 2003)Divorced in March 2010, after 7 years of marriage.
- Ned Rocknroll – (born: Ned Abel Smith); Richard Branson’s nephew and currently works at Virgin Galactic; met each other while vacationing in Necker Island. Kate and Ned got engaged in the summer of 2012, and eventually, got married in New York on December 2012. Kate announced in June 2013 that she and Ned are having a baby.
Kate Winslet’s Personal Trainer:
Forget about personal trainer, or a private chef either. Kate’s transformation from her usual size 14(UK) to a size 6(UK) was all due to her hard work. Her favorite is Pilates and does this everyday for 20 minutes. She loves to cook, too. Today at her very pregnant stage, Kate is more concerned for the health of her baby rather than having a flat stomach.
Kate Winslet’s Favorites, Fun Facts & Hobies:
- Chicken is a staple food in her home, which her son often called “chicken bits and bobs”
- Was called a “blubber” (because of her weight) growing up.
- She never released any album, but had contributed songs in various movies and film work. What If from A Christmas Carol is her hit single.
- He favorite color is dark purple.
- Used to love pizza, but had resorted to healthy options for her growing baby
- She was assistant director for Hideous Kinky
- Was awarded CBE or Commander of the British Empire for her contributions to art
- Prefer wearing boots than stilettos
Roles turned down by Kate:
- Anna in the movie adaptation, Anna and the King. The role went to Jodie Foster
- Elektra in the movie Daredevil. Role went to Jennifer Garner
- Paige Edwards, House of Wax. Role went to Paris Hilton
- Dropped out of Woody Allen’s Matchpoint. Role went to Nicole Kidman
- Shakespeare in Love. Role went to Gwyneth Paltrow
- Unfaithful, role went to Diane Lane
- Rogue -X-Men. Role went to Anna Paquin
- She was also considered for the movies Bridget Jones’ Diary, Charlie’s Angels, Chicago, The Chronicles of Narnia:The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, Cold Mountains, the Constant Gardener, The Departed, The Good German, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, In America, King Kong, Moulin Rouge, Robinhood, Romeo + Juliet, and so on.