Macklemore Personal Details
Birth Name: Ben Haggerty
Nickname: Macklemore, Professor Macklemore
Born: June 19, 1983
Religion: Roman Catholic
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Birth Place: Seattle, Washington, USA
Residence: Capitol Hill, Seattle, Washington, USA
Education: He attended Garfield High School and Nathan Hale High School before attending The Evergreen State College
Occupation: Rapper, songwriter
Net Worth: $18 million
Height: 5’10” (1.79 m)
Weight: 163 lbs (74 kg)
Hair color: Blonde
Eye color: Blue
Shoe Size: 11
Distinctive features: Blue eyes, unique rapping style
Best known for: His popular singles ‘Thrift Shop’ and ‘Can’t Hold Us’ featuring Ryan Lewis. They also had a #2 US Billboard album together, titled ‘The Heist’.
Father – Bill Haggerty
Mother – Julie Schott
Siblings – Tim Haggerty
- Tricia Davis (2006-Present) – He is currently engaged to Tricia Davis with whom he will soon have a baby. Interestingly enough, the couple dated for seven years before getting engaged.
First Album: He released his first EP ‘Open Your Eyes’ in 2000 as Professor Macklemore. He would later drop the ‘Professor’ part from his name when releasing his first official album titled
‘The Language of My World’ in 2005.
First TV appearance: Macklemore appeared many times on TV as himself over these past few years.
Personal trainer: He is known for having quite a lean and healthy physique, owed mainly to his diet plan which consists of soups and home cooked food.
Macklemore Favorite Things, Facts & Hobbies:
- His favorite sports teams are the Seattle Seahawks and the Seattle Mariners
- He used to be a drug addict for many years before finally going to rehab in 2008
- Macklemore is known for entertaining quite a few conspiracy theories
- He is good friends with Ryan Lewis, with whom he became friends in 2006
- Together with Ryan Lewis, he won four Grammy awards for Best New Artist, Best Rap song, Best Rap Album, and Best Rap Performance
- He is an active supporter of the LGBT community and has even wrote a song in support of same-sex marriage entitled ‘Same Love’
- Macklemore started writing lyrics when he was just 14 years old
- He discovered his love for hip-hop after listening to the likes of ‘Digital Underground’