Robert Downey Jr. Personal Details
Birth Name: Robert John Downey, Jr.
Nick Name: RJD, Bob, Bob Downey
Born: April 4, 1965
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Birth Place: New York, USA
Residence: Venice, California
Education: Robert went to Santa Monica High School but dropped out in 1982 in order to pursue a career in acting. He also attended Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Training Center in New York at one point.
Occupation: Actor, producer, screenwriter
Net Worth: $140 million
Robert Downey Jr. Measurements
[ads1 id=”alignright”]Height: 5’8” (1.74 m)
Weight: 172 lbs (78 kg)
Hair color: Dark Brown
Eye color: Dark Brown
Shoe Size: 9
Distinctive Features: Eccentric and unpredictable.
Best Known for: Playing Tony Stark in popular ‘Iron Man’ movies. He also played an unconventional Sherlock Holmes a few years ago.
Robert Downey Jr.’s Family:
Father – Robert Downey Sr.
Mother – Elsie Downey
Siblings – Allyson Downey (sister)
Robert Downey Jr. Dated:
• Sarah Jessica Parker (1984-1991) – Robert and Sarah first met on the set of ‘Firstborn’ and hit it off immediately. They went out for quite a while before calling it quits.
• Deborah Falconer (1992-2001) – he met actress and singer Deborah in 1992 and they quickly fell in love with each other. It wasn’t long before they eventually got married, a marriage that lasted 9 years. They also had a child during this period, a son named Indio Falconer Downey.
• Marisa Tomei (1994) – Robert and Marisa met on the set of ‘Only You’ and went out for a while.
• Calista Flockhart (2000) – Calista and Robert met while filming TV comedy-drama ‘Ally McBeal’.
• Susan Downey (2003-Present) – Robert started dating Susan in 2003 while filming the movie ‘Gothika’. After being together for almost 2 years, they eventually got married in 2005. They have been happily married ever since, and they even have a son together.
First Film: Robert made his debut in the film ‘Pound’ in 1970, a film in which he played the role of ‘Puppy’. He was just 5 years old at the time.
First TV Appearance: His first TV appearance was in 1985 when he started being a cast member of Saturday Night Live.
Robert Downey Jr.’s Personal Trainer: Robert has been doing a lot of working out lately, as most of his roles involved well-built individuals. Together with his personal trainer Mark, he managed to increase his muscle mass through a variety of exercises and a disciplined diet plan.
Robert Downey Jr.’s Favorite Things, Facts & Hobbies:
- Favorite actor – Peter O’Toole
- His parents divorced when he was just 13 years old.
- Robert’s father was also an actor and producer. He changed his name from Elias to Downey after his stepfather.
- He has German, Scottish, and Swiss ancestry.
- Robert voiced his well-known Tony Stark character in the ‘Iron Man’ video game from 2008.
- He was just 5 years old when he made his debut on the big screen.
- Robert used to have a problem with drugs and addictions, just like his father.
- He has been to jail several time because of his addictions.
- •Robert and his wife Susan opened a production company together in 2010.