Birth Name: Zooey Claire Deschanel
Nick Name: Zo, ZuZu
Born: January 17, 1980
Religion: Roman Catholic
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Birth Place: Los Angeles, California
Residence: Los Angeles, California
Education: Zooey attended Crossroads School for Arts and Sciences, which is a private preparatory school before attending French Woods Festival of the Performing Arts. Afterwards, she went to Northwestern University from where she dropped out of after just nine months.
Occupation: Actress, model, singer
Net Worth: $15 million
Zooey Deschanel Measurements
Height: 5’6″ (1.68 m)
Weigh: 121 lbs (55 kg)
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Bra Size: 34B
Dress Size: 4-6
Shoe Size: 8
Distinctive Features: Beautiful blue eyes, thick dry hair
Best Known for: Her role as ‘Jess’ in ‘New Girl’ sitcom on Fox.
Father – Caleb Deschanel
Mother – Mary Jo Deschanel
Siblings – Emily Deschanel (older sister)
• Matthew Davis (2000-2001)
• Hunter Burgan (2002-2003)
• Jason Schwartzman (2003-2005) – Zooey met Jason at the beginning of 2003, and immediately fell for him. They were together for two years before calling it quits.
• Ben Gibbard (2008-2011) – Zooey and Ben started dating in mid-2008 and got engaged just a few months later in December. They got married in 2009, but the marriage only lasted for 2 years before they got separated.
• Jamie Linden (2012-present) – In June 2012, Zooey started dating Jamie Linden, and the two appear to be inseparable.
First Film: Zooey’s first attempt at a career in acting came in 1998 when she played ‘Venessa Watkins’ in comedy drama film ‘Mumford’.
First TV Appearance: Zooey’s first appearance on TV was on NBC’s sitcom ‘Veronica’s Closet’.
Personal Trainer: Zooey absolutely loves tap dancing both as an art form as well as a way to stay in shape. She also follows a strict training regime based on cardio, running, hiking, and biking.
Zooey Claire Deschanel’s Favorite Things, Facts & Hobbies:
- She was a judge for The Ninth Independent Music Awards.
- She was named after a character from a book called Franny and Zooey.
- Because of her father’s job as a director and movie producer, Zooey had to travel a lot while growing up.
- She is good friends with Jake Gyllenhaal and Kate Hudson.
- Even though she is allergic to dairy, wheat gluten, and eggs, she is not a vegetarian (although she used to be one).
- She was voted nr. 17 Most Desirable Woman in the world by AskMen magazine.