[ads1 id=”alignright”]Most women put on weight during pregnancy, weight they are expected to drop only slightly after giving birth.
This isn’t the case with Christina Aguilera however, as she has managed to take down between 35 and 40 pounds after just a few months. It wasn’t so long ago that Christina made us all fall in love with her unique music style, and her catchy songs.
Also, when Christina was in her prime, she would have teenagers everywhere drooling over her videos, concerts, and televised appearances.
Time has passed, and even though Christina isn’t getting any younger, she decided to give her body another chance to be admired, and the only way she could do that was through a rigorous training regime and a restrictive diet plan.
According to a interview she gave not so long ago, Christina followed a strict diet plan for 6 days a week over the course of many months. This diet plan consisted of three meals and two snacks every day, and plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
Her intensive workout routine and diet plan worked wonders on her body, and here is how it went:
- Christina lost quite a bit of weight by breastfeeding her baby. This isn’t out of the ordinary as all women usually lose weight by breastfeeding, but the key thing for her was not to immediately start eating afterwards, as this is how their body tricks many young mothers into gaining weight.
- During her dieting period, Christina consumed around 1600 calories a day, which is impressive considering her stature, and the fact that she had just become a mother.
- The diet plan had to be followed for 6 days a week. In the seventh day, however, Christina allowed herself to eat whatever she liked. As long as it wasn’t something
incredibly fat or unhealthy, this didn’t take much of a toll on her figure.
- She took yoga and meditation classes which helped her find the spiritual balance that ultimately lead to her weight loss.
- Interestingly enough, Christina didn’t stop herself from eating the things she enjoys, despite the diet plan. Her only concern was not to eat those things excessively, as one chocolate bar alone doesn’t really have the capacity to mess up a rigorous diet plan.
- She did a lot of exercising under the guidance of her personal trainer Tee Sorge which has been working with Christina for quite a while now.
Christina also revealed that her diet consisted of a good amount of proteins, minerals, and vitamins that she had to intake on a daily basis. Her actual meals consisted of scrambled eggs, peanut butter, tuna, cheddar cheese, fish entree, and a lot of fruits.
Although her diet also contained omega 3 fatty acids and quite a lot of whole grains, she claims that it was the fruits and exercising that helped her the most.
She received a lot of criticism in recent years for letting herself go, which is understandable considering how big of a fan base she has and what expectations her fans have of her.