She wasn’t always like this, however, there was a time when Miley wasn’t about shocking people with her public appearances. Constantly under the spotlight, Miley did a lot of growing up in a relatively short period of time, so you can understand why this young woman has issues trying to find her place in this world.
We all know about Miley and her unconventionalism, but here are some things you might not have known about her.
- Her real name isn’t Miley. Her birth name is Destiny Hope, and people were always referring to her as ‘Smiley’ due to her jovial nature. Over time, the ‘S’ was dropped out of the nickname, so everybody who knew her started calling her Miley.
- She has a heart condition. Ever since a young age, Miley has been dealing with a minor heart condition called tachycardia, a condition that makes her heart beat faster than normal. Still, this isn’t a life-threatening issue by any means, although Miley confessed that not a day goes by that she doesn’t think about her heart.
- Miley has a horrible handwriting. Although she blames her bad handwriting on the fact that the is a natural left-handed person that was forced to write with her right hand, those who know her well say that she doesn’t really make an effort to improve that aspect of her life.
- She had her initial application for ‘Hannah Montana’ rejected. Yes, the role that made Miley Cyrus famous almost went to someone else. Initially, the show’s producers rejected her application on the basis that she was too young and too small for the position. Eventually, they had a change of heart by giving her the role, and they even changed the character’s role from Chloe to Miley to accommodate her.
- Miley used to have a YouTube channel. The channel was setup by Miley and her friend Mandy Jiroux back in 2008. On this channel, they used to document their hanging out sessions that included plenty of singing and dancing. Interestingly enough, they made roughly 30 videos before dropping the project later on.
- She has a lot of tattoos. Miley got her first tattoo at the age of 17, and has an estimate of 14 tattoos on her body at this point. Among her tattoos, we find a ‘Just Breathe’ ink on her ribcage that she holds dear (the tattoo not the ribcage), a small anchor on her wrist, three smaller ones on her fingers, a ‘Love Never Dies’ situated on the inside of her arm, a dream catcher on her side, and plenty more.
- She used to date a model. Justin Gaston was a guest star in an episode of Hannah Montana, and Miley fell for him from the first moment their eyes met. They dated for 9 months before calling it quits, after a breakup that left Miley in tears for days. Still, Miley was just 16 at the time, and young love has a way of being overly dramatic at times.