Maggie Gyllenhaal Personal Details
Birth Name: Margalit Ruth Gyllenhaal
Born: November 16, 1977
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Birth Place: New York City, New York, USA
Residence: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Education: She attended Harvard-Westlake Prep School in LA before attending Columbia University and London’s Royal Academy of Dramatic Art
Net Worth: $15 million
Maggie Gyllenhaal Measurements
[ads1 id=”alignright”]Measurements: 36-25-35
Height: 5’9″ (1.75 m)
Weight: 132 lbs (60 kg)
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Bra Size: 34B
Dress Size: 6
Shoe Size: 9.5
Distinctive features: Short hair, full cheeks, blue eyes
Best known for: Her appearance in films like ‘Donnie Darko’, ‘Secretary’, and ‘The Dark Knight’.
Maggie Gyllenhaal Family:
Father – Stephen Gyllenhaal
Mother – Naomi Achs
Siblings – Jake Gyllenhaal
Maggie Gyllenhaal Dated:
- Peter Sarsgaard (2002-Present) – Maggie started dating actor Peter Sarsgaard in June 2002, dating him for almost four years before getting engaged to him in 2006. In the spring of 2009, they got married in Brindisi, Italy. They currently have two daughters together named Ramona and Gloria Ray.
First Film: She made her debut on the big screen in 1992 as Maggie Ruth in ‘Waterland’.
First TV appearance: Her television debut came in 2014 as Nessa Stein in ‘The Honourable Woman’.
Personal trainer: Despite not having a personal trainer apparently, Maggie works out as often as she can. She loves running, cardio aerobics, and practicing yoga whenever she finds the time.
Maggie Gyllenhaal Favorite Things, Facts & Hobbies:
- Before making it as an actress, she used to work as a waitress in a Massachusetts restaurant.
- She used to be a smoker until a few years ago when she finally quit.
- Maggie is good friends with actress Emma Thompson.
- Her birth name is Margalit which is a Hebrew word for Pearl.
- Although she is Jewish, she didn’t attend any Hebrew schools as a child.
- Maggie says that she always carries a lipstick in her purse.
- Her mother is a Golden Globe-winning scriptwriter.
- She co-hosted the Sundance Awards in 2003.
- In 2005, she was ranked #58 in FHM’s ‘100 Sexiest Women in the World’ list.
- She absolutely loves musicals.
- Her favorite actress is Gena Rowlands.