Birth Name: Shakira Isabel Merbarak Ripoll
Birth Place: Barranquilla, Colombia
Date of Birth: February 2, 1977
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Residence: Los Angeles
Education: Shakira went La Ensenanza School, Barranquilla.
Net Worth: $100 million
Height: 5’2″ (1.57 m)
Weight: 125lbs (57 kg)
Natural Hair Color: Brown
Natural Eye Color: Brown
Bra Size: 32B
Shoe Size: 7
Powerful voice and a unique fashion sense, Shakira is one of Latin America’s most recognized faces.
Oral B, Crest Toothpaste
Best Known for:
- Shakira’s biggest hit is Hips Don’t Lie, which featured Wyclef Jean. The song, taken from her 2005 album Oral Fixation Volume 2, is the one of the biggest selling music singles of the 21st Century. Her song Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) was the official song of the 2010 FIFA World Cup and is one of the most watched music videos on YouTube, with over 500,000,000 views.
- Her first English-language album, Laundry Service, was released in 2001 and went on to sell 20 million copies worldwide. It produced the hit singles Whenever Wherever, which was a major radio hit in the USA and across Europe, and Underneath Your Clothes. Shakira has won multiple music awards including two Grammy awards, five MTV Video Music Awards, twenty-eight Latin Billboard Music Awards and eight Latin Grammy Awards. She has also be nominated for a Golden Globe and has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She was invited by US President Barack Obama to discuss child obesity at the White House in 2010.
Father – William Chadid
Mother – Nidia Ripoll
- Antonio de la Rua (lawyer) – 2000
- Gerald Pique (footballer) – 2010 – present
Shakira’s Personal Trainer:
Shakira likes to keep fit and healthy through dancing, yoga and pilates. She maintains a strict high-protein and low-fat diet, although she has mentioned in several magazine interviews that she likes to indulge in fast food once in a while.
Shakira’s Favorite Things, Facts & Hobbies:
- Shakira can speak five different languages fluently including Spanish, English, Italian, Arabic and Portuguese
- She became a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2008
- Shakira has promoted several good causes during her long career, mostly notably helping underprivileged children in her native country of Colombia. She started the ALAS Foundation and is a regular performer at benefit and charity concerts across the world, including at the LIVE 8 Concerts in 2005.
- Although she hasn’t yet joined MENSA, Shakira has an IQ of 140. The average IQ is 100.
- Shakira is not a fan of wearing jewelry but she does collect rings. She has over 200 rings in her collection.
- Her father, who is Catholic was declared bankrupt when Shakira was a young girl.
- Shakira is one of eight siblings from her Italian father. He took her to belly dancing lessons when she was a young girl, before appearing in several singing competitions and talent shows. Her music teacher however was not as impressed. She once described Shakira’s voice of sounding like a “goat”.
- Her name means “grateful” in Arabic
- She appeared in several Colombian soap operas when she was younger although the singer doesn’t like to talk about this during interviews with the media. 10. Shakira has a baby son, called Milan, with her footballer boyfriend Gerald Pique. The couple have been together for over three years and Milan was born in January 2013, weighing 6 pounds and 6 ounces. The name Milan means dear and loving in Slavic.