Birth Name: Kathrin Romany Beckinsale
Nick Name: Kate (famously known as Kate Beckinsale)
Born: 26th July 1973
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Mother Tongue: Parisian
Birth Place: Finsbury park in London, England
Residence: Los Angeles, California
Nationality: English ( British )
Education: studied French and Russian literature at New College, Oxford
Occupation: Actress and Model
Net Worth: $16 million
Kate Beckinsale Measurements
[ads1 id=”alignright”]Measurements: 34 – 24 – 35
Weight: 130lbs (59 kg)
Height: 5’8″ (1.75 m)
Natural Hair Color: Brown
Natural Eye Color: Brown
Bra Size: 34B
Dress Size: UK 10
Shoe Size: 9.5
Kate has worked as a model for a long time and has endorsed Gap denims, Absolut Vodka, Diet Coke and Lux Shampoo over the course of her career.
Kate Beckinsale’s Family:
- Father: Richard Beckinsale
- Mother: Judy Loe
- Siblings: Samantha Beckinsale ( elder half sister )
- Grandparents: Arthur John Beckinsale and Margaret Barlow ( paternal ) and Norman Scarborough Lowe ( maternal grandfather)
- Spouse: Len Wiseman
- Children: Lily (daughter with former boyfriend Michael Sheen)
Best Known for:
Her lead role in Pearl Harbor ( 2001 )
Films and TV:
Kate Beckinsale made her debut in Hollywood with the film ‘ Much Ado About Nothing’ in 1993. She has starred in 31 films since then including 2 of her recent films which are in post production. Her most notable movies are Pearl Harbor (2001), The Aviator (2004) and Click (2006). Kate established herself as an out and out action star following her movie Underworld (2003) and went on to do many action flicks. She has also performed on Television, on Radio and done stage shows from 1991 to 1998.
Kate won the Best Actress award at Sitges- Catalonian International Film Festival for Shooting Fish in 1997.
She followed that up with a Best Supporting Actress at London Critics Circle for The Last Days of Disco in 1999.
Most recently she was awarded the Jean-Claude Gahd Dam at Spike Guy’s Choice awards for her role in Underworld: Awakening in 2012.
Kate Beckinsale Dated:
Kate Beckinsale dated co actor Michael Sheen from 1995 to 2003. They first met on the sets of ‘The Seagull’ in 1995 and started living together afterwards. They have a daughter Lily Mo Sheen, who was born in 1999. Kate later married director Len Wiseman in 2004.
Kate Beckinsale’s Personal Trainer:
Celebrity trainer and fitness expert Ramona Braganza is Kate’s personal trainer. Kate worked with Ramona for her film on ‘Underworld’. They focused on her lower body strength giving that extra bit attention to her bum and legs. Kate used to do extensive strength training for about 45 to 60 minutes followed by her own bout of cardio for some time.
Kate Beckinsale’s Favorite Things, Facts and Hobbies:
- Kate Beckinsale knows English, French and Russian.
- Her favorite food is Chinese Chicken salad
- Her hobbies are doing theater, polo, dancing and reading.
- Kate’s father died when at a young age of 31. She was 5 years old at that time.
- She is suffering from stomach ulcers. Both her parents are actors.
- Kate has won the prestigious WH Smith’s Young writer’s award for her poetry when she was just 13 years old.
- She used a body double for her nude scenes in the movie ‘Haunted’ (1995)
- When she was 6 years old, her school report stated that her IQ was 152.
- Kate was anorexic as a teenager.
- She did her first film while she was still studying at the Oxford University in 1993