Matt Smith Personal Details
Birth Name: Matthew Robert Smith
Nickname: Matt, Smithers
Born: October 28, 1982
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Birth Place: Northampton, Northamptonshire, England, United Kingdom
Residence: London, England, United Kingdom
Education: He attended the Northampton School for Boys before enrolling into the University of East Anglia.
Net Worth: $9 million
Matt Smith Measurements
Weight: 161 lbs (73 kg)
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Green
Shoe Size: 12
Distinctive features: Green eyes, well-defined jawline
Best known for: His role as the 11th Doctor in the British Sci-Fi series Doctor Who.
Matt Smith Family:
Father – David Smith
Mother – Lynn Smith
Siblings – Laura Smith
Matt Smith Dated:
- Billie Piper (2006) – While working with her on the TV show ‘The Ruby in the Smoke’, Matt started dating actress and singer Billie Piper. Their relationship lasted for the most part of 2006 before calling it quits.
- Mayana Moura (2008-2009) – For almost a year between 2008 and 2009, Matt dated Brazilian actress and punk singer Mayana Moura.
- Daisy Lowe (2010-2011) – He also dated Daisy Lowe, a woman he admired for years before actually meeting her. Their relationship didn’t last, unfortunately, as Matt wasn’t looking to settle down like Daisy did.
- Lily James (2014-Present) – Matt is currently dating English actress Lily James who he first met at some point in 2014. If we are to believe the latest rumors, the couple got engaged not so long ago and they are planning to get married in the near future.
First Film: He made his first appearance on the big screen in 2009 with his role as Rob in ‘Together’.
First TV appearance: His television debut came in 2006 when he started appearing in ‘The Ruby in the Smoke’.
Personal trainer: Although he works out as often as time allows him to, it doesn’t appear that Matt employs the services of a personal trainer.
Matt Smith Favorite Things, Facts & Hobbies:
- His favorite books are The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov and A Million Little Pieces by James Frey.
- He was a very talented football player in his teens and he even played for the youth teams of Northampton Town, Nottingham Forest, and Leicester City.
- Matt was forced to give up his football career following a serious back injury.
- Although he initially wanted to become a football player, Matt got drawn to acting thanks to his school’s drama teacher who signed him up to a minor role in a stage play.
- He currently holds the record of being the first actor from the Doctor Who TV show to ever win a BAFTA nomination.
- Interestingly enough, Matt auditioned for the role of Dr. John Watson in the TV series, Sherlock Holmes, a role that eventually went to Martin Freeman on account of Matt’s eccentricity.
- As a 3-year-old child, Matt suffered a horrific accident when he fell under a pirate swing while riding it. As a result, he had to get 24 stitches to close the wound.