Psy Personal Details
Birth Name: Park Jae-sang
Born: December 31, 1977
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Birth Place: Gangnam District, Seoul, South Korea
Residence: Seoul, South Korea
Nationality: South Korean
Education: He attended Banpo Elementary and Middle school before attending Sehwa High School. He later attended Boston University and the Berklee College of Music
Occupation: Singer, songwriter, record producer
Net Worth: $45 million
Weight: 181 lbs (82 kg)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Shoe Size: 11
Distinctive features: Likes wearing suits and black sunglasses
Best known for: His hit single ‘Gangnam Style’ which became an instant internet sensation.
Father – Park Won-Ho
Mother – Kim Young-hee
Siblings – Park Jae-Eun
- Yoo Hye-Yeon (2006-Present) – Psy is currently married to Yoo Hye-Yeon with whom he has twin daughters.
First Album: He released his debut album, ‘Psy from the Psycho World!’ in 2001
First TV appearance: His first appearance on television was in 2001 when he appeared in an episode of ‘Beautiful Days’.
Personal trainer: Not a lot is known about Psy’s workout routine or whether not he employs the services of a personal trainer. We’ll let you know if that changes anytime soon.
Psy Favorite Things, Facts & Hobbies:
- His favorite foods are Hot Stone Bibimbap and Kimchi Stew.
- As a kid, he was always a bit of a class clown.
- He decided to become a musician after seeing the British band Queen perform Bohemian Rhapsody at a Wembley Stadium concert when he was 15 years old.
- Although all Korean men between the age of 18 and 35 have to serve a mandatory military service, he was exempt because of his job when his time came.
- After becoming obvious that he was using his day-to-day job as an excuse to get out of military service, he was eventually redrafted into the military where he served as a signalman and held the rank of Private First Class.
- In 2001, he was sentenced to 25 days in jail for marijuana possession.
- At some point in 2012, he had to apologize to American citizens after earlier performances of his surfaced in which he used inflammatory language towards them.