Cate Blanchett Personal Details
Birth Name: Catherine Élise Blanchett
Nick Name: Cate
Born: May 14, 1969
Religion: Not religious
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Birth Place: Melbourne, Australia
Residence: Sydney, Australia
Education: She attended Ivanhoe East Primary School in Melbourne, Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar School, and the Methodist Ladies’ College. She later studied fine arts and economics at the University of Melbourne.
Net Worth: $45 million
Cate Blanchett Measurements
Height: 5’8” (1.74 m)
Weigh: 130 lbs (59 kg)
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Bra Size: 32B
Dress Size: 2
Shoe Size: 9
Distinctive features: Defined Cheekbones, blonde hair and blue eyes
Best known for: Her roles as Queen Elizabeth I in Elizabeth(1998), Katherine Hepburn in The Aviator(2004), and much more.
Cate Blanchett Family:
Father – Robert DeWitt Blanchett
Mother – June Blanchett
Siblings – Genevieve Blanchett, Bob Blanchett
Cate Blanchett Dated:
• Andrew Upton (1996-present) – She met Australian playwright Andrew Upton in 1996 and after dating for a few months, they eventually got married in 1997. They have three children together named Dashiell John, Roman Robert, and Ignatius Martin.
First Film: Cate made her debut on the big screen in 1994 when she played Vivian in Police Rescue: The Movie.
First TV appearance: Her first TV appearance was in 1994 when she appeared in ABC Television’s drama ‘Heartland’.
Personal trainer: Even though Cate doesn’t employ the services of a personal trainer, she is extremely careful about her diet.
Cate Blanchett Favorite Things, Facts & Hobbies:
- Cate was a successful theatre actress before switching to films.
- She is a good friend of Nicole Kidman.
- Cate was appointed Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters by the French government as a recognition of her contribution to art.
- Her father died of a heart attack when she was ten years old.
- She was chosen by People Magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.
- By winning an Oscar for her performance as Katherine Hepburn, she became the first person to win an Oscar by playing another Oscar-winning actor.