Lupita Nyong’o Personal Details
Birth Name: Lupita Amondi Nyong’o
Born: March 1, 1983
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Birth Place: Mexico City, Mexico
Residence: New York City, New York, USA
Nationality: Kenyan / Mexican
Education: She attended Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico in Taxo, Mexico before attending Yale School of Drama
Net Worth: $1 million
Lupita Nyong’o Measurements
Height: 5’5″ (1.65 m)
Weight: 112 lbs (51 kg)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Bra Size: 34A
Dress Size: 6
Shoe Size: 8.5
Distinctive features: Short, boyish hairstyle, well spoken
Best known for: Her role as Patsey in 2013 film ’12 Years a Slave’
Lupita Nyong’o Family:
Father – Peter Anyang’ Nyong’o
Mother – Dorothy Anyang
Siblings – She has five siblings
Lupita Nyong’o Dated:
- Chiwetel Ejiofor (2012) – It is rumored that Lupita dated English actor Chiwetel Ejiofor for a few months in 2012
- Jared Leto (2014) – She also dated American actor and musician Jared Leto for a brief period of time, before calling it quits at the end of February 2014
- K’Naan (2014) – Lupita is rumored to be currently dating rapper K’Naan, although none of them has yet to confirm the relationship
Brand Endorsements: Lupita endorsed Lancome and Miu Miu Spring / Summer in 2014
First Film: She first appeared on film in 2008 as ‘F’ in a short film titled ‘East River’
First TV appearance: Her television debut came in 2008 as well, with her role as Ayira in MTV’s soap opera ‘Shuga’
Personal trainer: Lupita does indeed look like she works out from time to time, although it appears that she does so without the need of a personal trainer.
Lupita Nyong’o Favorite Things, Facts & Hobbies:
- She is the first Mexican born actress to win an Academy Award.
- In 2014, she won an Oscar for ‘best supporting actress’ following her performance as Patsey in ’12 Years a Slave’
- Lupita wanted to be an actress since she was five years old.
- Although she was born in Mexico, Lupita was raised in Kenya.
- Her father used to be Kenya’s Minister for Medical Services.
- She is fluent in Spanish.
- Lupita’s older cousin, Isis Nyong’o was included in Forbes’ “Africa’s most powerful women of 2012” list.
- She started her career in 2005 as a production assistant for ‘The Constant Gardener’.