Birth Name: Matthew Paige Damon
Nick Name: Red Alert
Born: October 8, 1970
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Birth Place: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Residence: Florida, USA
Education: Matt attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin School in his youth, and Harvard University afterwards.
Occupation: Actor, screenwriter, producer
Net Worth: $65 million
Matt Damon Measurements
Height: 187 lbs (84.8 kg)
Weight: 5′ 10” (1.78 m)
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Blue
Shoe Size: 12
Distinctive Features: Penetrating stare, Boston accent
Best Known for: His roles in movies such as ‘Good Will Hunting’ and The Bourne Trilogy.
Matt Damon’s Family:
Father – Kent Damon
Mother – Nancy Carlsson-Paige
Siblings – Kyle Damon (brother)
Matt Damon Dated:
• Penelope Cruz (1999-2000) – Matt met Penelope on the set of ‘All the Pretty Horses’ and they hit it off immediately. Their relationship lasted almost an entire year.
• Odessa Whitmire – (2001-2003) – She was the personal assistant of Billy Bob Thornton at the time they met. Odessa and Matt were together for three years before calling it quits.
• Eva Mendes (2003) – Matt and Eva are rumored to have went out a few times in 2003, although none of them have confirmed the rumor to this day.
• Luciana Damon (2003-present) – Matt Luciana while filming ‘Stuck on You’ and they’ve been together ever since. They got married in 2005 and they have four children together.
First Movie: Matt first role came in 1988 and it was a small one-line part in ‘Mystic Pizza’.
First TV Appearance: Although Matt’s first TV appearance wasn’t documented, he constantly appears on TV as himself.
Personal Trainer: Throughout his acting career, Matt had to follow strict training routines, which is exactly what he did in his last movie ‘Elysium’. For his role in the Bourne trilogy he had a personal trainer he doesn’t talk much about, although he prefers to train by himself most of the time.
Interesting facts about Matt Damon:
- Matt was only 16 years old when he went to New York City to become an actor. His parents didn’t help him with the expenses because they thought it was a waste of time and a waste of Matt’s potential.
- Matt used to be a smoker and it wasn’t until he got help from a hypnotist that he was able to kick the habit.
- Matt dropped ot of Harvard despite the fact that he only needed 12 credits to graduate. He did so because he got the leading role in Old West, Geronimo: An American Legend. The role wasn’t what promoted Matt among the stars, but it was enough to get him noticed.
- Matt says that Ben Affleck is the most influential person in his professional life. Matt met Ben when their families became neighbors in Boston many years ago, and they forged a very strong friendship.
- Matt used to break dance in Harvard Square to make money to support himself.
- Matt was nominated for three Emmy awards because of Project Greenlight. Project Greenlight is a project that he founded with Ben Affleck to find quality film projects made by novice filmmakers and promote them.
- Matt improved on his Southern accent for the movie ‘The Rainmaker’ by working as a bartender in Knoxville, Tennessee for a couple of weeks. He also hired one of the locals to make conversation with him.
- Matt lost 40 pounds for his role in ‘Courage Under Fire’. He did this because he was playing a heroin addict and wanted to give his character some credibility. Unfortunately, he was very close to developing serious medical issues because of how much weight he lost over a short period of time.
- Matt was very close to getting dropped for ‘Saving Private Ryan’ because Tom Hanks was worried about his weight. Like we said, Matt lost a lot of weight for his role in ‘Courage Under Fire’ and this almost cost him career opportunities.
- Matt is the founder of H2O Africa Foundation, a foundation that deals with providing basic needs for people living in impoverished areas of Africa. Furthermore, he is also one of the founders of ‘Not On Our Watch’, an organization that deals with preventing mass atrocities. Also, Matt is the spokesperson for Feeding America among many other charitable roles.
- Matt spent his first acting money on a Jeep Grand Cherokees. According to him, this was his and Ben Affleck’s dream car. As a matter of fact, they both bought one of these cars, and they even flipped a coin for the colors so that one would be green and the other one black.
- Matt announced his breakup with Minnie Driver during a TV show. She found out what he felt about their relationship after seeing the show.
- Matt and Ben wrote the script of ‘Good Will Hunting’ in early 1990’s, a script that brought them a few Oscars and other awards.
- Matt learned how to play the piano for his role in ‘The Talented Mr. Ripley’. Even though he only knows how to play a few songs, it is something he is quite proud of.
- Matt took part on drug busts with the police while researching his role in ‘The Departed’.
- Matt was voted ‘Sexiest Man Alive’ by People magazine in 2007.