Ben McKenzie Personal Details
Birth Name: Benjamin McKenzie Schenkkan
Nickname: Benji, Benjamin
Born: September 12, 1978
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Birth Place: Austin, Texas, USA
Residence: New York City, New York, USA
Education: He attended the University of Virginia where he majored in Foreign Affairs and Economics
Occupation: Actor, producer
Net Worth: $13 million
Ben McKenzie Measurements
Weight: 170 lbs (77 kg)
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Blue
Shoe Size: 10
Distinctive features: Blue eyes, distinctive hairstyle
Best known for: Playing the role as Ryan Atwood in ‘The O.C.’, his role as Ben Sherman in ‘Southland’, and for his role as James Gordon in ‘Gotham’.
Ben McKenzie Family:
Father – Pieter Meade “Pete” Schenkkan
Mother – Frances Victory Schenkkan
Siblings – Nate Schenkkan, Zack Schenkkan
Ben McKenzie Dated:
- Emily VanCamp (2004) – Ben is rumored to have had a fling with actress Emily VanCamp at some point in 2004.
- Amanda Loncar (2006-2007) – For almost a year between 2006 and 2007, Ben dated American actress Amanda Loncar.
- Shelley Hennig (2013) – He is also rumored to have dated actress Shelley Hennig for a brief period of time in 2013.
- Nina Dobrev (2014) – In 2014, he is presumed to have dated Bulgarian actress Nina Dobrev for a couple of months.
- Morena Baccarin (2015-Present) – Ben is currently in a long-term relationship with actress Morena Baccarin with whom he has a daughter named Frances Laiz Setta Schenkkan.
First Film: His first appearance on the big screen was in 2005 when he appeared in Junebug as Johnny Johnsten.
First TV appearance: His television debut came earlier in 2002 when he appeared in an episode of The District as Tim Ruskin.
Personal trainer: At this point in time, it isn’t known whether Ben employs the services of a personal trainer or not.
Ben McKenzie Favorite Things, Facts & Hobbies:
- McKenzie is actually his middle name, which was also his grandmother’s maiden name.
- Before making it as an actor, he initially wanted to become a lawyer like his father.
- As a kid, he was a choir boy at All Saints’ Episcopal Church in Austin.
- He is an enthusiastic, yet, terrible dancer.
- His favorite drink is Anejo tequila on ice, a drink introduced to him by Southland co-star Michael Cudlitz.
- Ben likes to keep himself informed on world events at all times, which is why he always reads the daily news.
- His grandfather Robert F. Schenkkan worked with President Lyndon B. Johnson on passing the Public Broadcasting Act of 1967.