Benedict Cumberbatch Personal Details
Birth Name: Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch
Nickname: Ben, BC, The Batch
Born: July 19, 1976
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Birth Place: London, England, United Kingdom
Residence: Hampstead, North London, England
Education: He attended Brambletye School in West Sussex and Harrow School as a kid. Later in life, he volunteered for an English teaching job at a Tibetan Monastery in India. He eventually started taking Drama classes at the University of Manchester and the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, thus furthering his acting career.
Occupation: Actor, film producer
Net Worth: $15 million
Benedict Cumberbatch Measurements
Height: 6′ (1.83 m)
Weight: 172 lbs (78 kg)
Hair color: Dark Brown
Eye color: Blue Green
Shoe Size: 12
Distinctive features: Small wrinkle on the nose, sharp cheekbones, rich baritone voice
Best known for: His role as Sherlock Holmes in the TV series ‘Sherlock’, his role as Khan Noonien Singh in ‘Star Trek into Darkness’, and his role as Alan Turing in ‘The Imitation Game’.
Benedict Cumberbatch Family:
Father – Timothy Carlton
Mother – Wanda Ventham
Siblings – Tracy Peacock (step-sister)
Benedict Cumberbatch Dated:
- Olivia Poulet (1999-2011) – Benedict dated actress and screenwriter Olivia Poulet for almost 12 years before splitting up in 2011.
- Anna Jones (2011-2012) – After breaking up with Olivia Poulet, Benedict started dating fashion designer Anna Jones with whom he was in a relationship for almost a year.
- Charlotte Asprey (2013) – In 2013, he dated Charlotte Asprey for a few months before calling it quits.
- Sophie Hunter (2014–Present) – Benedict is currently married to theater director Sophie Hunter whom he met in 2009 on the set of ‘Burlesque Fairytales’. They currently have a child together.
First Film: He first appeared on film in 2002 as The Man in a short film called ‘Hills Like White Elephants’.
First TV appearance: His television debut came in 1998 as Charles / Party Guest / Toby Fisher in 3 episodes of ‘Heartbeat’.
Personal trainer: Although Benedict doesn’t appear to have a personal trainer, he takes very good care of himself and works out constantly.
Benedict Cumberbatch Favorite Things, Facts & Hobbies:
- His favorite actors are Steve McQueen, Jack Nicholson, Marlon Brando, Harrison Ford, Martin Sheen, and Stephen Dillane.
- Before establishing himself as an actor, Benedict wanted to be a lawyer.
- He was awarded the title of Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 2015 by Queen Elizabeth II for his contribution to performing arts and charity.
- Benedict was voted ‘Sexiest Man Alive’ by Empire and People magazines on multiple occasions.
- In 2014, he was featured in Time magazine’s ‘100 Most Influential People in the World’ list.
- He is good friends with Keira Knightley, Tom Hardy, James McAvoy, Eddie Redmayne, Matthew Goode, and Zachary Quinto.